Jailbreak iPhone iOS 5.1.1 With Absinthe 2.0 (Windows)
Windows users can enjoy the same quick untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 devices as those with Apple computers. Absinthe 2.0 is here thanks to the efforts of Chronic Dev Team. Once jailbroken, your iOS device is free to install software from third-party developers distributed outside of the App Store.
The latest jailbreak solution works with the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation, original iPad, older iPad 2 models and iPad 3 running iOS 5.1.1. Support for newer iPad 2 models (iPad2,4) is in the works.
For instructions on using Absinthe with Mac OS X, click here. Here are instructions on how to jailbreak your iOS 5.1.1 device with Absinthe 2.0 using a Windows computer:
1. Download the latest version of Absinthe 2 directly from the greenpois0n.com website.
2. Open the .zip file you downloaded and locate the absinthe-win executable (.exe) file. Right-click on this icon and select Run as administrator.
3. This self-extracting file will create an absinthe-win-2.0 folder and unpack all of the files needed for the jailbreak.
4. Open the absinthe-win-2.0 folder that was just created, right-click the absinthe.exe icon and select Run as administrator again.
5. With your iOS device displaying the home screen, connect to the computer via USB.
6. Click the Jailbreak button in the Chronic Dev Absinthe application window.
7. The iPhone will say Restore in Progress. Do not touch the iPhone until Absinthe completes!
8. Absinthe will let you know when the process is finished. Unplug your device and you will see the Cydia app icon is now installed.
Your iOS 5.1.1 device is now jailbroken! As always, legitimate jailbreak solutions are distributed without charge. If you are interested in donating to Chronic Dev Team, see their website at greenpois0n.com.