How do I delete / remove app folders on the home screen in iPhone OS 4 / iOS 4?
You have the option to remove a folder on the home screen after it's created. To delete the folder and move your apps to the home screen follow these steps:
1. Touch and hold the folder you wish to remove.
2. Icons will wiggle. Touch the folder to display the apps inside.
3. While the apps are wiggling drag them out of the folder and onto the home screen.
4. If you don't want to save the apps in the folder you can delete them instead (touch the black circle on the corner of the icon you wish to delete).
5. When all of the apps have been deleted or dragged out of the folder the folder will disappear.
6. Press the home button to stop app icons from wiggling.