Can I turn off backup encryption in iTunes without the password?
Once iTunes is set to encrypt iPhone backups, switching this feature off requires the password. What if the password is forgotten or unknown? You can still reset iTunes to make a fresh backup without encryption. Follow these steps to uncheck Encrypt iPhone backup:
Perform these steps at your own risk!
1. Delete any Mail Exchange accounts on the iPhone.
2. Delete old encrypted backups from iTunes.
3. Use iExplorer or ssh to delete the file /private/var/Keychains/Keychain-2.db from the iOS filesystem. Note: this step will clear stored passwords from your device.
4. Restart the iPhone.
5. Connect the iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
6. Uncheck the box next to Encrypt iPhone backup.
7. If prompted for a password, enter the passcode currently set on your iPhone.
When successful, iTunes should begin backing up the iPhone to an unencrypted backup. If this does not happen, start a new unencrypted backup manually.