E.T. Phones Home on the iPad and iPhone [Free iPhone Games]
In celebration of E.T.'s 30th anniversary, Universal Pictures and Chillingo Ltd have released a brand new iOS game called The Green Planet. The app is basically a farming sim game where users must help E.T. save his dying planet by planting gardens and breeding new plants. Of course this means there is a lot of waiting around for things to grow and in-app purchases to buy cooler plants and decorations. However, the game looks amazing on the iPhone and is pretty addictive if you enjoy sim-type games. E.T. The Green Planet is free to download for both the iPhone and iPad via the App Store.
Universal also released an Anniversary Edition Combo Pack of E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial a few days ago. There was also supposed to be an Amazon exclusive E.T. Spaceship w/ BD Combo Pack available, but it hasn't materialized yet. Check out the trailers for E.T. The Green Planet and the Anniversary Blu-ray combo pack below.
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial celebrates its 30th Anniversary with a brand new game available only on the App Store!
Fly past the moon and soar across the stars together with E.T. as he returns home to The Green Planet. Only you can help E.T. save the dying planet by creating enchanted gardens full of intergalactic plant life.
E.T.’s magic healing touch will speed you along as you breed new and exotic species that are truly out-of-this-world!
With the help of E.T.’s wise teacher, Botanicus, and an army of Micro Tech workers, you will cultivate the land, sow seeds, nurture plants, build structures, and develop the most astounding planet in the universe!
• Experience the magical world of The Green Planet and its inhabitants
• Grow and nurture exotic new plant varieties and watch your garden grow
• Collect recognizable artifacts from the film and construct a communicator to contact Earth
• Cross-breed seeds to create amazing new plant hybrids
• Beautiful original artwork and animation brings the planet to life
• Visit your friends’ gardens on The Green Planet and invite new players via Facebook and Twitter