How do I transfer files to / from my iPhone with SSH (Mac / Windows instructions)?
You can transfer files between your iPhone and computer using SSH with free software. Assuming your iPhone is already jailbroken and has Cydia installed, follow these instructions to transfer files using SSH.
1. Open Cydia and navigate to Sections -> Networking -> OpenSSH
2. If there's a green check mark next to OpenSSH the package is already installed. If not, then install OpenSSH.
3. Find your iPhone's IP address.
4. On Windows, you must install an SFTP client for your computer. One example of a free SFTP client is WinSCP. Once installed run the program and open a new connection.
5. On Mac OS X, files can be transferred using the command line in Terminal or an SFTP client can be installed. One example of a free SFTP client is Fugu. Once installed run the program and open a new connection.
6. The hostname is your iPhone's IP address. The username is root. Password is alpine (unless you have already changed the default root password).
7. Once connected the folders and files in the iPhone OS and on your computer will be visible. Files can be transferred to and from the device by dragging and dropping icons.