The last week or two has seen releases or updates to many popular GUI applications which let you jailbreak an iPhone running firmware version 1.1.1 in a semi-automated fashion. Unfortunately, all of these required multiple steps and a good deal of user interaction. Consider that burden a thing of the past. With the recent release of AppSnapp, owners of iPhones running firmware 1.1.1 can now jailbreak their iPhone and be ready to install third party applications in a single step.
As if that wasn't enough, there's more. AppSnapp runs entirely on the iPhone. There's no need to connect
your phone to your PC, no need for iTunes, no need for anything except your iPhone itself. Simply visit the AppSnapp website from your iPhone, click 'Install AppSnapp', and you're done.
Here's what AppSnapp does:
Yes, that's right, AppSnapp actually improves the security of your iPhone by fixinf the TIFF bug.
- Jailbreaks iPhone/iPod Touch on 1.1.1
- Patches Springboard to load third party apps
- Activates non-AT&T iPhones automatically, while leaving already activated phones alone
- Fixes YouTube on non-AT&T iPhones automatically, while leaving already activated phones alone
- Installs Installer.app v3.0b5 on the iPhone/iPod Touch
- Fixes Apple's TIFF bug, making your device MORE secure than it was without AppSnapp
AppSnapp is found at http://jailbreakme.com. Head there for more info and/or to start the jailbreak process.