Can I downgrade my iPhone firmware from iOS 7 beta to iOS 6?
Are you a developer who has tested iOS 7 beta and wants to revert back to iOS 6? iOS 7 beta can be downgraded to the latest version of iOS 6 since Apple continues to sign this firmware for all users. Follow these instructions to downgrade:
1. Download the latest iOS 6 firmware for your device. Make sure to save this file in an easy to find location on your computer. You can find Apple firmware files here:
2. Connect the iPhone to your computer with a USB cable and open iTunes.
3. Click the iPhone button in the iTunes navigation bar.
4. When the iPhone summary appears, hold down the Shift key (Windows) or Alt key (Mac OS X) then click the Restore iPhone button in iTunes.
5. iTunes will open a pop-up window. Select the IPSW firmware file you downloaded in step 1 and click the Open button.
6. Wait for iTunes to verify the iOS 6.x file and restore your iPhone. A progress bar will appear on the iPhone. When complete, the device will be downgraded from iOS 7 beta to the latest version of iOS 6.
If you encounter iTunes error 3194 see these instructions to fix the problem.