Yahoo Sports version 5.0 now features a GIF creation tool for sports fans. Users can create their own animated GIFs or "Yahoo Loops" by adding their own captions, effects and comments to memorable sports moments. The Loops can then be shared with family, friends or other sports fans via Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, text and email.
Yahoo Sports version 5.0 also brings a new "clean" iOS 7 redesign, new team / player pages, a new football scores, plus more. Yahoo Sports is free to download for all iOS devices running iOS 7 or later, but the new Loop feature is only available on the iPhone.
The new redesigned app is available now on the Apple App Store or via OTA update.
You can learn more about Yahoo Loops via the Yahoo Tumblr.Here's what's new in version 5.0:
• BOOMSHAKLAKA! Loops are a new way to easily capture, transform and share your favorite sports moments as they happen directly from the game page. Think of a Loop as an animated GIF, with captions, effects and comments added to memorable moments in every game. [Note: For select games on iPhone only. Please wifi for the best experience.]
• Clean, beautiful redesign for iOS7 with dozens of new features and improvements. If Brady and Gisele made a sports app, it might not be as good looking as this.
• New team and player pages with cover photos and easy access to the latest news.
• Improved football scores page with redzone and scoring play indicators.
• Personalize your league nav in the order you want with the leagues you want. You’ll never have to look at [insert sport you don’t like] again!
• Fixed a bunch of bugs and a few crashes. Sorry those were there in the first place.