How can I restore / sync an iPhone backup stored on iCloud?
Your iPhone data can be restored from iCloud when setting up a new device, or after erasing all data from a device using Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings.
You will be prompted by Setup Assistant by a new iPhone to set up as a new phone or restore from backup.
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi and plugged into the charger.
- When you reach the Apps & Data screen, select the option Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Enter your iCloud account (Apple ID) and password.
- Choose the recent backup you wish to restore to your iPhone.
- Enter any passwords required when prompted.
You will see a progress bar with time remaining as iCloud restores your data. When this is complete, iCloud will begin to download apps. You will see a progress bar under apps that are being downloaded. If you need a specific app first, tap its icon to move it ahead in the queue. To check if the restore is finished, navigate to Settings -> iCloud -> Storage & Backup.
iTunes Match users can download albums, playlists and songs from iCloud when the restore is finished.