The Flickr iOS app received some new features thanks to the latest update released on February 21. Besides faster image uploads, users will notice a new user tagging feature that works by typing @screename. Lightbox thumbnails are also now a higher resolution than they were before.
Flickr makes it possible to view and participate in everything the photo sharing site has to offer. The mobile app has received many great reviews for its design and functionality. Flickr is a Yahoo! product and can be downloaded on the App Store free of charge.
Another new feature in the latest Flickr update is the addition of volume button shutter release. This is similar to the stock Camera app, which allows you to snap a photo by pressing one of the volume up or down buttons. Edited images or originals can be saved to the Camera Roll directly from your Photostream using the Flickr app.
The official Flickr version 2.10.803 list of changes from iTunes:- Faster uploading
- Easily save photos from your Photostream to your camera roll
- Automatically saves your original, pre-filter photos to your camera roll
- Quickly tag your contacts in photo comments and description by simply typing @screename
- Get notified when your contacts mention you
- Higher resolution photo display in lightbox view so your photos look even more stunning
- Take photos in a snap using your iPhone's volume up button