iOS 9.3 allows you to use the Notes app to make checklists or to do lists. Here's how:
- Open the Notes app on your device.
- Select an existing note or tap the icon in the lower right hand corner to create a new note.
- Tap the circle icon with a checkmark to create a new checkbox.
- Type the task you want next to the checkbox and repeat the process to create a list.
- Tap the circle to check off the tasks you have completed on your checklist.
Tap here to create a new checklist.
Tap here to create a new checkbox.