iOS 10.2 adds the first new screen effect to the Messages app since the introduction of screen effects in iOS 10.0. To send or receive the new "Celebration" effect on your iPhone or iPad you need to have iOS 10.2 installed on your device. The Celebration screen effect is sent just like any of the other effects, such as lasers or balloons. Here's how to send the Celebration effect in iOS 10.2 or later:
- Open your Messages app and select the contact or group you want to message.
- Type your text message in the iMessage bar as you normally would.
- Tap and hold down on the blue arrow until the "Send with effect" screen appears.
- Tap Screen.
- Swipe left until you find the effect you want to use.
- Tap the blue arrow to send your text message with the selected effect attached.
The Celebration effect is the last option on the effect screen.