Apple upgraded the iPhone XR camera. What features does the iPhone XR camera have?
The iPhone XR main, rear-facing camera is the same wide-angle camera featured on the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. The specifications on this camera include:
- 12 megapixels
- ƒ/1.8 aperture
- Digital zoom up to 5x
- Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control
- Portrait Lighting with three effects (Natural, Studio, Contour)
- Optical image stabilization
- Six‑element lens
- Quad-LED True Tone flash with Slow Sync
- Panorama (up to 63 megapixels)
- Smart HDR for photos
- Wide color capture for photos and Live Photos
As there is only one camera lens, Apple simulates bokeh and shallow depth of field in Portrait Mode with software on the iPhone XR.
The iPhone XR also includes a front-facing TrueDepth camera for FaceTime and FaceID.