How do I jailbreak iPhone iOS 4.1 with PwnageTool?
PwnageTool 4.1.2 has been released by the iPhone Dev-Team. Here's how to jailbreak your iPhone using this convenient and powerful tool.
1. Download and decompress the PwnageTool application from the iPhone Dev-Team blog.
2. Launch the PwnageTool and select your iOS device. You have the choice of Simple or Expert modes. We're guessing if you're reading this FAQ you should probably use Simple mode.3. After selecting your iOS device click the next button. A choice of firmware files should appear. If you don't see the correct firmware version 4.1 for your device you can click the browse button (the curved arrow) to locate your firmware. Check these links for more information about where to locate firmware files on your computer or where you can download firmware for the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, or the iPhone 3G.
4. Select the correct firmware. You will be prompted asking if you activate normally. If your iPhone is already unlocked select NO.
Newest iPhone FAQs
5. Follow the remaining prompts and PwnageTool will create your custom jailbroken firmware file.
6. PwnageTool will now help you put your iPhone into DFU mode manually. Follow the instructions carefully.
7. Once the iPhone is in DFU mode open iTunes. Hold down ALT + OPTION and click the Restore button in iTunes. Choose the custom firmware created by PwnageTool and iTunes will restore to the jailbroken firmware.