As part of the suite of aesthetic improvements introduced by iOS, Apple has included dynamic wallpaper as a new background option for your iPhone and iPad. These wallpapers have subtle animations that add new depth to the visual experience by giving your home screen a moving background.
The pre-installed dynamic wallpapers are bubble themed, but others are available in the App Store. The bubbles will move depending on the motion of your device, so if you want to move them in a certain direction simply tilt it that way. If you are interested in a dynamic background for your iOS 7 or later device, here's how to do it:
- Go to Settings>Wallpaper>Choose a New Wallpaper
- You will see "Dynamic", "Stills", and "Live" tap on "Dynamic".
- You will see a choice of bubble wallpapers in various colors, choose one.
- A preview screen will come up, if you like what you see tap "Set".
- A window will slide up asking if you want to set this background on your Lock Screen, Home Screen or both. Make your choice.
That's all there is to it, the animated wallpaper is applied and you should see it take effect. Click here to see how to make your own dynamic wallpapers with Live Photos on iPhone.