Worried that upgrading your shiny Mac to Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) for $29 will screw up your iPhone? No worries. Dev-Team has announced the Snow Leopard upgrade does not affect the redsn0w jailbreak or the ultrasn0w unlock.
Next on the horizon from Apple is the iPhone 3.1 update, possibly coming our way this month. AT&T is expected to release an MMS update on September 25 using iTunes.
Apple could throw roadblocks into the way of the iPhone jailbreaking process with the 3.1 firmware. We expect that Dev-Team is anticipating their every move.
In the meantime, take these pointers from the omniscient Dev-Team Blog.- You can use redsn0w to jailbreak any iPhone or iPod Touch using OS X, Windows, or Linux.
- For both 3.0 and 3.0.1 firmwares, you should point redsn0w at the 3.0 IPSW.
- If you see it hang at “waiting for reboot”, just unplug and replug that USB cable.
- You can use ultrasn0w to unlock the iPhone 3G/3GS, or BootNeuter to unlock the iPhone 2G.
- Both ultrasn0w and BootNeuter are available via Cydia.
Newest iPhone FAQs
- You can use PwnageTool for Mac to create custom IPSWs with pre-installed packages.
- We’re glad to see Apple joining in on the “snow” theme. If only Apple had called their new OS “Sn0w Leopard”!
Sn0w Leopard is available now. Users of Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) can upgrade for $29.