How can I find / look up my iPhone serial number?
Update (12/01/16): Apple has released a support page for the iPhone 6s owners whose devices are suffering from unexpected shutdowns. You can see if you qualify for a replacement model by entering your serial number on Apple's website. Here's how to locate the serial number of your iPhone 6s or any iOS device.
You can easily find your iPhone serial number (S/N), International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, and identifier or ICCID. Follow these steps to get this information:
If your iPhone is functioning properly:
- Navigate to Settings -> General -> About
- Scroll down
- The Serial Number, IMEI and ICCID are listed along with other information.
If your iPhone will not turn on or boot properly:
Your serial number and IMEI are both printed on the barcode label that's affixed to your iPhone packaging.
If you don't have your iPhone packaging:
- Run iTunes on your computer
- Hold down the Control key and on the menu bar of the Mac click iTunes -> About iTunes. For Windows click Help -> About iTunes.
- When your iPhone serial number (S/N) and IMEI appear in the dialog box press the space bar to stop scrolling.