How do I copy pictures and videos from my iPhone to a PC (no iPhoto)?
Copying photos from your iPhone to a PC is a different process than using a Mac. Most Mac users simply use built-in iPhoto software to move videos and pictures to the computer.
First plug your iPhone into the PC using the USB cable.
For Windows XP:1. Navigate to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Scanner and Camera Wizard.
2. When the Select Device window appears choose Apple iPhone and hit OK.
3. Click Next to use the wizard. If you'd rather copy photos manually using Windows Explorer then choose "advanced users only."
1. Windows will automatically recognize the iPhone and an AutoPlay window will appear.
2. Select "Import pictures." If you'd rather copy photos manually using Windows Explorer then choose "Open device to view files."
Newest iPhone FAQs
Sometimes Windows will not recognize the iPhone. When using XP you may receive the following error:
The computer cannot detect the scanner or camera.
1. To fix this problem disconnect all USB devices.
2. Right click "My Computer" and select the device manager.
3. If you see an Apple mobile device listed right click and uninstall the driver.
4. Reboot your computer.
5. Reattach the iPhone and now it should recognize the device as a camera.