How do I uninstall an iPhone application using Cydia?
iPhone users new to jailbreaking may have noticed that removing applications installed through Cydia is a different procedure than uninstalling apps from Apple's AppStore. Usually, when holding your finger down on an icon it starts to wiggle and a black "x" appears in the upper left hand corner of the icon.
Jailbreak apps installed with Cydia do not show this black "x" and must be uninstalled using the Cydia package manager.
To uninstall an application installed from Cydia on a jailbroken iPhone, follow these steps:
1) Run the Cydia package manager by touching the Cydia icon.2) Select "Manage" from the bottom menu after Cydia fully loads.
3) Choose "Packages" to view or remove packages you previously installed.
Newest iPhone FAQs
4) Scroll through the list of installed packages and select the package you wish to remove.
5) Details for the selected app will appear. In the upper right hand corner touch the "Modify" button.
6) Confirm by pressing the "Remove" button to uninstall the application.
If you're interested in running the application in the future, simply select the package in Cydia and re-install a fresh copy.
UPDATE: You can now use CyDelete to uninstall Cydia apps like normal apps.