Amazon has officially announced the launch of its Amazon Cloud Player app for the iPhone and iPod touch. The dedicated app allows customers to stream or download music stored in their Cloud to their device. Users can also play music that is already located on their iPhone and manage or create playlists.
The app is free to download in the iTunes App Store, and comes with 5 GB of free storage. Unlimited storage will cost you, but those who upgrade will receive unlimited space for MP3 and AAC (.m4a) files. There is also an iPad version. The app requires iOS 4.3 or later.
The Amazon Cloud Player app does not allow you to buy tracks within the app at this time. Here is a complete list of features via the official description:
· Stream your music from the cloud.
· Download locally and enjoy your music offline – no wifi or mobile network needed.
· Create and edit playlists.
· Play music in the background, or controlled via lockscreen.
· Use Bluetooth to stream your music in your house or car.