How many megapixels is the iPhone 8 camera?
The iPhone 8 is equipped with a rear-facing 12MP camera with a ƒ/1.8 aperture and 5x digital zoom. The front-facing FaceTime HD camera is 7MP with a ƒ/2.2 aperture.
The main camera includes optical image stabilization, six‑element lens, Quad-LED True Tone flash with Slow Sync, panorama (up to 63MP) and more. Video capabilities include 4K video recording at 24 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps and 720p HD video recording at 30 fps.
Here are all the advanced features of the iPhone 8 camera:
- Sapphire crystal lens cover
- Backside illumination sensor
- Hybrid IR filter
- Autofocus with Focus Pixels
- Tap to focus with Focus Pixels
- Live Photos with stabilization
- Wide color capture for photos and Live Photos
- Improved local tone mapping
- Body and face detection
- Exposure control
- Noise reduction
- Auto HDR for photos
- Auto image stabilization
- Burst mode
- Timer mode
- Photo geotagging
- Image formats captured: HEIF and JPEG