How can I turn off / lock in-app purchases on the iPhone?
Sometimes you need to make sure the people using your iPhone aren't running up the App Store bill. The option to switch off in-app purchases altogether is handy, especially if young children regularly use your iOS device. To lock in-app purchasing follow these steps:
In iOS 11 or earlier
1. Navigate to Settings -> General -> Restrictions -> Enable Restrictions2. Enter a passcode for Restrictions. You will be asked to enter it twice.
3. Scroll down to the Allowed Content section.
Newest iPhone FAQs
4. Select In-App Purchases -> OFF.
In iOS 12 or later
- Open the Settings app on the device you want disable in-app purchases
- Tap Screen Time
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions
- Tap iTunes & App Store Purchases
- Tap In-app Purchases
- Tap Don't Allow
You may have to enable Screen Time if you have previously disabled it. It will ask you if this is your iPhone/iPad or if it is your child's device. Choose "This is My Child's iPhone/iPad" if you're trying to restrict somebody else's iPhone or iPad.