Now that Apple has released the first update to Watch OS, many watch owners may be wondering how to install the new software. Unlike an iOS device such as an iPhone, the Apple Watch cannot be updated directly from Settings. There are several steps to consider before updating Apple Watch to the latest version of Watch OS. Follow these how-to instructions to update Apple Watch:
1. The Apple Watch must be at least 50 percent charged.
2. The back of the Apple Watch must be attached to the inductive charging cable.
3. Make sure the Apple Watch is connected to the iPhone it's paired with, and the iPhone is on a Wi-Fi network.
4. Open the Apple Watch app on the paired iPhone.
5. Navigate to My Watch -> General -> Software Update.
6. When the update appears, select Download and Install.
7. If the iPhone or watch asks for a passcode enter it now.
8. Agree to the terms and conditions.
9. The Watch OS update will download, when complete tap Install.
10. If the iPhone or watch asks for a passcode enter it now.
11. The installation process can take up to 15 minutes on the Apple Watch.
12. When complete, verify the new version has installed by navigating to Settings -> General -> About on the Apple Watch.
Watch OS 1.0.1 includes bug fixes, improvements to Siri and Accessibility, and performance improvements for health and fitness measurements and other apps.