Submitted by Anders Batten on
Apple today has released iOS 8.4.1 to address complaints aimed at its new music streaming service. Apple Music users and critics have complained about missing songs in their Music library and other bugs that have affected services such as iCloud Music. Apple blogger Jim Dalrymple's article titled, Apple Music is a nightmare and I’m done with it, gained the most attention after he complained about not being able to properly download full albums.
Here's the changelog for iOS 8.4.1:
- Resolves issues that could prevent turning on iCloud Music Library
- Resolves an issue that hides added music because Apple Music was set to show offline music only
- Provides a way to add songs to a new playlist if there aren’t any playlists to choose from
- Resolves an issue that may show different artwork for an album on other devices
- Resolves several issues for artists while posting to Connect
- Fixes an issue where tapping Love doesn’t work as expected while listening to Beats 1
It is also unknown if iOS 8.4.1 blocks the recent TaiG and PP iOS 8.4 jailbreaks. Users with jailbroken devices who wish to keep them that way should avoid iOS 8.4.1 for the time being.
Update 1 The security release notes confirm that iOS 8.4.1 does patch the TaiG iOS 8.4 jailbreak.
You can upgrade your device to iOS 8.4.1 by navigating to Settings > General > Software Update or by connecting your device to iTunes.Update 2: Apple has also released iTunes 12.2.2.
iTunes 12.2.2 changelog:
- Click on the Beats 1 banner to see what’s currently on, or view a complete broadcast schedule so you never miss a show.
- You can now view a list of the artists you're following on Apple Music.
- Resolved an issue where iTunes loses its place when you go back to a previous page in Apple Music.
- Addressed a problem where artists may be sorted incorrectly in My Music.
- Fixed a problem where playlists deployed in the action menu may not match the playlists in your library.
- Artists can now show thoughts, photos, music and videos to Connect, right from iTunes.
saichary replied on Permalink
iOS 8.4.1 with fixes for Apple Music is a good security update from Apple
MJ replied on Permalink
Still does not fix missing artwork since 8.4 upgrade. Only artwork that shows is for songs bought through iTunes, all other artwork (even if it was found by iTunes and downloaded to the album) does not show up. Neither does artwork found and added manually. Plus there is no way to get the carosel view of the albums anymore since 8.3. Both clearly intentional but also massively stupid on the part of Apple.