The last chance to jailbreak iOS 8.4 with Apple Music is here. It could be only a matter of hours or days until Apple stops signing the iOS 8.4 firmware, which will mean an end to iOS 8.4 updates. It's official: the replacement iOS 8.4.1 closes several security vulnerabilities, making a jailbreak with TaiG 2 impossible. Act now if you wish to jailbreak, and your device is not updated to iOS 8.4. Here are instructions on how to update to iOS 8.4 and jailbreak:
1. First, click here to verify the iOS 8.4 signing status is still green. If so, you can still update and jailbreak.
2. As of this writing, the iOS 8.4 IPSW file is unavailable from Apple servers. There are mirrors where the right IPSW file can be downloaded. For example, Mega iOS 8.4 mirrors are linked here.
- Click Mega next to the correct firmware for your device.
- When the ad.fly page appears, wait a few seconds until the yellow SKIP AD button appears at the top of the browser window.
- Click the SKIP AD button and mega.nz will ask permission to store a file on your computer.
- Confirm and the iOS 8.4 IPSW file will begin downloading.
4. When the backup is complete, turn off Find My iPhone on the iOS device under Settings -> iCloud -> Find My iPhone.
5. Hold the Option key (Mac) or Shift key (Windows) and click the Restore iPhone button in iTunes. Select the iOS 8.4 IPSW firmware file you just downloaded. The device will be restored to a clean copy of iOS 8.4. YOU MUST SELECT THE iOS 8.4 IPSW MANUALLY or else iTunes will automatically update your device to iOS 8.4.1 and it cannot be jailbroken!
7. After the device is jailbroken, restore from the iTunes backup you created in Step 3 above to replace your data and apps.
There's no telling how long Apple will continue to sign the iOS 8.4 firmware. In the meantime, here is the list of vulnerabilities that iOS 8.4.1 patches, rendering TaiG 2 obsolete:
AppleFileConduit, CVE-2015-5746: evad3rs, TaiG Jailbreak Team
Air Traffic, CVE-2015-5766: TaiG Jailbreak Team
Backup, CVE-2015-5752: TaiG Jailbreak Team
Code Signing, CVE-2015-3802, CVE-2015-3803, CVE-2015-3805, CVE-2015-3806: TaiG Jailbreak Team
IOHIDFamily, CVE-2015-5774: TaiG Jailbreak Team