Lightroom users can enjoy several enhancements and new features in the latest version of the mobile app. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for iPhone version 2.1 is now available on the App Store. The update brings iOS 9 and iPad Pro compatibility to the table, as well as several new ways to capture and adjust images on the go. Photographers can also use Lightroom for mobile to share pictures, and with a Creative Cloud membership even more features can be unlocked.
Creative Cloud subscribers can organize, edit and share Lightroom photos across devices, as well as access the full desktop Lightroom application. When it comes to the key improvements to Lightroom, iOS 9 users can take advantage of iPad Pro support along with Split View and Slide Over multitasking capabilities.
Better color control, a 3D Touch menu for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus users, a Notification Center widget, and more are all described in the official change log for version 2.1.0:
- iPad Pro support. Take advantage of the iPad Pro’s brilliant visual experience while adjusting color, tone or brightness in your photos. iOS 9’s Split View and Slide Over multi-tasking enhancements make Lightroom for mobile + iPad Pro the best combination for photographers on-the-go.- Shoot-through Presets. Apply one of five new, specially formulated presets while capturing a photo from the Adobe in-app camera. Preview how the presets will be applied to your photo before you capture, and enjoy the freedom of adjusting settings after capture with full non-destructive capabilities. Shoot-through presets are available for 64-bit devices only, such as iPhone 5s and later and iPad Air and later.
- Enhanced Tone Curve – Point Curve Mode. Now, take color control to the next level with a full function Tone Curve tool, enabling access to RGB as well as individual red, green and blue color channels in your photo.
Newest iPhone FAQs
- Split Tone adjustments. Create a distinctive look to your photos by applying a color tone to the highlights or shadows, or to replicate the look of a split-toned black and white photo.
- Notification Center widget. Get instant access to the Adobe in-app camera by enabling the Lightroom for mobile Notification Center widget. Automatically launch the in-app camera with a single swipe down.
- 3D Touch support on iPhone 6s/6s Plus. Get direct access to the in-app Adobe camera from your home screen, and a quick preview of your photo with Peek and Pop within the Grid View.
- Usability improvements throughout the app. Add photos to multiple collections easier, import photos faster, improved gesture support, and more, get you quickly organizing, creating, and sharing amazing images anywhere you are.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for iPhone requires iOS 8.1 or later and 55.5 MB of storage to install. Some features are limited to more recent hardware models, such as 3D Touch support (iPhone 6s) and shoot-through presets (iPhone 5s or later). Lightroom is free, however Creative Cloud features require a monthly subscription.