How can I stop iPhoto from running every time I connect my iPhone?
You're syncing your iPhone with iTunes on a Mac. All of the sudden, iPhoto opens. You plug the iPhone into your MacBook and look, there's iPhoto again. How can you stop this behavior?
1. Run iPhoto (or connect your iPhone to the Mac and let it run automatically one last time).
2. Choose "iPhoto" -> "Preferences" from the top menu.
3. The "General" tab should be selected. If not then select it now.
4. At the bottom of the window change the pulldown menu "Connecting camera opens:" from "iPhoto" to "No application."
5. Close the preferences window.
Now when you actually want to sync your iPhone camera roll to iPhoto you can manually open iPhoto after connecting your iPhone to the computer.