How do I set an iPhone password / passcode?
To protect your information in the event your iPhone falls into the wrong hands, set a passcode. If set properly, the iPhone passcode must be entered before the iPhone can be used.
1. Touch Settings -> Passcode -> Turn Passcode On
2. Enter a four-digit passcode
3. Re-enter the passcode for verification
4. Choose a time interval under Require Passcode
5. Select ON or OFF for the Voice Dial and Erase Data options
The shorter the Require Passcode time interval, the more secure your iPhone will be. Longer times mean longer spans during which unauthorized access can occur.Voice Dial can be used without the passcode when ON by holding down the home button.