Now that iOS 7 is here, some familiar procedures have changed. New contacts can be created directly from the Messages app after a text or iMessage is received. Follow these steps to create a new entry in the Contacts app using the associated email or phone number:
1. Open the message received from the new contact.
2. Touch Contacts in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Tap the blue information circle (i) to the right of the new contact.
4. Scroll down to Create New Contact.
5. Enter the first and last name or other relevant data.