Various applications require you to know your iPhone's IP address, but different information is available when connected to WiFi or using cellular data.
Looking for the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your iPhone? You will need this number to SSH into your device if the iPhone is jailbroken and running OpenSSH. Here are instructions on how to find the IP address of your iPhone:
- Make sure the iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Navigate to Settings -> Wi-Fi
- Find the Network the iPhone is connected to in the list. This Network will appear blue and have a check mark to the left of its name.
- Tap the round circle to the right of the Network name for more information.
- The IP Address is listed under the Forget this network button next to IP Address.
Please note: the IP address obtained via the instructions above is your local IP address on whatever WiFi network you are connected to. This information is available only when on a WiFi network, not when you are using cellular (LTE/4G/etc) data.
If you don't need to know your local IP address and instead need to know the IP address that other devices see when your iPhone connects to them, the easiest way is to Google "what is my ip" address. Please bear in mind that this address is dynamic and can change frequently.