Verizon Wireless and Apple today finally answered the prayers of millions of Verizon's 93 million service subscribers by announcing that the iPhone 4 will become available on the Verizon Wireless network in less than a month. Needless to say, those of you Verizon customers out there that have been long awaiting this day are likely full of questions, and we're hoping to help you answer many of them.
The Verizon-compatible iPhone 4 due to be released on February 10th is a 3G CDMA phone and will not be compatible with the Verizon 4G LTE network, as many rumors had indicated. That said, Verizon customers can no doubt expect to see a 4G LTE Verizon iPhone down the road somewhere. With Verizon's 4G LTE network still in it's early stages, and the well-established track record of Verizon's 3G data network, most Verizon customers won't likely be complaining.
We've working feverishly to update our expansive iPhone FAQ with loads of Verizon specific content, with much more to come (like details on what Verizon plans to offer customers in the way of iPhone data plans, which are still pending).
Following is a list of FAQ (frequently asked questions) that pertain specifically to the iPhone launch on Verizon.
Verizon iPhone FAQ
- When / How can I pre-order the Verizon iPhone 4?
- What is the Verizon iPhone release date?
- How can I check my Verizon iPhone upgrade eligibility?
- What if I'm not eligible to upgrade? Can I still get the Verizon iPhone?
- How much will the Verizon iPhone cost?
- Where can I buy the Verizon iPhone?
- Is Verizon the exclusive carrier of the CDMA iPhone 4?
- Can I use the Verizon iPhone on Sprint or other CDMA networks?
- What Verizon iPhone data plans are offered?
- Can I sync iPhone and iPad apps I already own to a Verizon iPhone?
- Will I be able to buy and activate the Verizon iPhone at the Apple store?
- Can I transfer my AT&T iPhone to the Verizon Network?
- Can I keep / transfer my current phone number to a Verizon iPhone?
- Can I access my existing voicemail messages on the Verizon iPhone?
- How can I save my existing Verizon voice mail messages before iPhone activation?
- Can the Verizon iPhone 4 make simultaneous data and voice calls?
- Will the Verizon iPhone 4 work on the 4G LTE network?
- Can I exchange my new Verizon cell phone for an iPhone?
- Will my existing Verizon apps work on the iPhone?
- What Verizon Wireless apps will be available on the iPhone?
- Can I redeem my New Every Two credit for a Verizon iPhone?
- Will my existing AT&T case / bumper fit the Verizon iPhone 4?