Submitted by Sammy Snyder on
The independent developer Frogmind has released a sequel to its 2013 Apple iPad Game of the Year. BADLAND 2 is now available for both the iPhone and iPad on the Apple App Store. The new game promises to deliver more than just a rehash of the original with new levels that "extend and scroll in all directions," and new elements, "such as liquids, flamethrowers, frost, magma, water and searing light," according to the press release.
"BADLAND 2 is our attempt to reinvent the first BADLAND,” said Juhana Myllys, co-founder and lead artist/designer of Frogmind. “We wanted BADLAND 2 to be worthy of the word ‘sequel.’ It’s not the old BADLAND just with new content. It is a whole new world to explore."
The game includes a single player campaign and online stages, with more stages planned in upcoming free updates.
BADLAND 2 is available now on the App Store for $4.99. It supports all devices running iOS 7.0 or later.The original BADLAND is available on the App Store for iOS devices and on the Apple TV App Store for the fourth-generation Apple TV. The game is a side-scrolling platformer where players must help cute forest dwellers survive physics-based traps and other obstacles.
Here's the trailer a key features for BADLAND 2:
Newest iPhone FAQs
- A SINGLE PLAYER campaign with deviously imaginative levels
- Global ONLINE CHALLENGES
- Challenge your friends and others in asynchronous online events
- Intuitive two-touch controls combined with innovative level design
- Highly immersive audiovisual gaming experience - best enjoyed with headphones
- Universal app optimized for iPhones, iPods and iPads
- Game Center and iCloud support
- Progress synced between all linked iOS devices
- Achievements & online leaderboards
- 3D Touch support for iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus!
- Super precise flying using touch
- Quick actions added to home screen icon to quickly access single player and online
- More levels coming soon as free updates