Submitted by Marshall Walker on
iPhone Dev Team member MuscleNerd has confirmed that an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 will be released this week. Over the weekend, pod2g tweeted that "something big" was going to happen at the Hack In The Box security conference in Amsterdam being held May 21 through May 25. He later added that a public release was only a few days away. On Monday, MuscleNerd released an iOS 5.1.1 "info sheet" that revealed how the iPhone 3GS and iPod 3G made the jailbreak cut.
The upcoming jailbreak will be released via multiple tools just like the iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak was (e.g. cinject, RedSn0w, and Absinthe). All current iOS devices will be supported except for AppleTV 3. For a complete list of supported devices click here. MuscleNerd's "info sheet" is posted below.
* All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
* @pod2g’s 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for
AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
– @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
Newest iPhone FAQs
* The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
* Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI “cinject” binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
– timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
* For those wishing to donate, we’ve set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4U6DQGJ2NRVUN
* Please don’t pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).
investments wit... replied on Permalink
When you invest in a program you know little or nothing about, even if the program is
safe and profitable, you are bound to make terrible mistakes and consequently, terrible losses: so before
you invest or while investing in any program, you
should gather as much information as you can to be able
to make profit from the program. Universal trustee is one of the best reputed companies investing
in all the real projects and getting high returns.
It is quite disheartening each time I see a very
enthusiastic newbie online investor fall, burn or cash inside
some of these online investment pit holes just because they do not first take the pain to critically research investment programs
before they start whipping out their credit cards
to invest in them.