It was a big week for the Apple App Store and the iPad. Microsoft finally released Word, Excel and PowerPoint for Apple's tablet, and Kongregate launched its Game of Thrones tie-in ahead of the premiere of season four. Supercell also released its follow-up to Clash of Clans and the official Captain America: The Winter Soldier game also made its App Store debut.
Here are this week's App Store and Cydia releases for 03/23/14 to 03/29/14. Apple's Free App of the Week is Drawnimal. It will be free on the App Store until 04/03/14.
Microsoft Office for iPad: Free for the iPad (Requires an Office 365 subscription to create and edit documents) Rated 4+
Finally! The world's most popular productivity suite meets the world's most popular tablet. Microsoft released three separate Microsoft Office apps for the iPad: Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The free versions of the apps allow users to open and view documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Free users can also copy content, view comments, and share documents as a hyperlink within an email. An Office 365 subscription buys you the ability to create, edit and save documents to OneDrive from your iPad.App Store Links:
Microsoft Word for iPad
Microsoft Excel for iPad
Game of Thrones Ascent: Free for the iPad (Requires iOS 6.0 or later) Rated 12+
Newest iPhone FAQs
Game of Thrones Ascent is based on HBO's hit television show and the George R.R. Martin novels A Song of Ice and Fire! It's an RPG strategy game where players can build their own noble house and embark on over 2,500 quests. The game will also be updated weekly to coincide with new episodes of the television show.
Boom Beach: Free for the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad (Requires iOS 7.0 or later) Rated 9+
This is Supercell's follow-up to its popular game Clash of Clans. Boom Beach is another resource management / strategy freemium title that puts the player in charge of an expeditionary force of warriors who must battle the evil Blackguard for control of paradise islands.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The Official Game: Free for the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad (Requires iOS 7.0 or later) Rated 12+
The official mobile tie-in to Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie which hits theaters on April 4, 2014. Play as Captain America as you and your team of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents battle iconic Marvel villains such as King Cobra, Taskmaster and Puff Adder.
iMassage - Thai Massage & Reflexology: $5.99 for the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad (Requires iOS 7.0 or later)
Need a massage? There's an app for that! iMassage promises to teach you the are of Thai massage and Foot massage with its complete massage bible.
More App Store Releases
- Flappy Golf: Free (Universal) A Flappy Bird inspired golf game
- Flashout 2: $2.99 (Universal) The sequel to the highly-acclaimed anti-gravity racer Flashout 3D
- Little Big Adventure: $3.99 (Universal) A port of the 1990 PC game. AKA "Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure" is an action-adventure RPG designed by Frédérick Raynal
- Sometimes You Die: $1.99 (Universal) The goal of the game is to die
- Tiny Space Adventure: $0.99 (Universal) A point-and-click game that combines simplicity and logic
- Shattered Planet (RPG): Free (iPhone and iPad) A survival RPG that is getting good reviews
- Star Wars: Assault Team: Free (Universal) Another game based on the original Star Wars franchise. A turn-based combat game
- Firework Apprentice: $2.99 (Universal) Puzzle solving point-and-click game
New Cydia Tweaks
- Rain Lock ($2.50) Add custom rain effects to your iPhone’s Lock screen
- Dated ($0.99) Add custom timestamps in iMessage