Submitted by Fred Straker on
On the Twitter app, users can easily save photos from a tweet. Downloading videos from Twitter is a different story. As of this writing, there is no way to save a video from the Twitter app to iPhone. Many apps give the option of grabbing a video directly to the Photos app for later viewing or sharing. No such function exists in the official Twitter app. So how does one save a Twitter video to iPhone?
There are several workarounds that make it possible to download a Twitter video on iOS. Here are two methods to save Twitter videos for free.
Save Twitter videos in Safari
- Launch the Twitter app
- Tap the Share Tweet button -> Copy Link
- Launch Safari and open the link to Downloader for Twitter
- Paste the Tweet link
- Choose a video quality by tapping the correct Download button
- Tap Download to confirm
- Tap the blue download arrow in the Safari search bar
- Select Downloads -> Tap the video file
- Tap the Share Button -> Save Video
- The video will download to the Photos app
Grab Twitter videos with a Screen Recording
- First set up the Screen Recording button in Control Center.
- Open the Control Center and tap the Screen Recording button to start recording the screen
- Launch the Twitter app and play a video
- When the video is over, tap the status bar and stop Screen Recording
- Open the Photos app and edit your saved video